Thursday 9 October 2014

DIY Matte Lipstick

So when I apply lipstick I always find that it can be too sticky and shiny looking which I don't particularly like. I like matte lipsticks but they can be more expensive and don't come in as many shades as normal lipsticks.

When putting my lipstick on this morning I thought how could I make my lipstick look matte then I thought of using a powder, I didn't have any translucent powder so I decided to use baby powder and it worked great! I put some on my finger and dabbed it on lightly this started the matte look, I then got a medium sized make up brush and applied some powder to it, knocking off any excess, I then lightly dabbed it on my lips covering all over.

Once I finished, I checked my lips and any bits I had missed I applied more powder to the brush and went over them. The powder blends great and doesn't leave any white speckles on your lips either so I would highly recommend trying this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment