Saturday 23 August 2014

Crayon Lipsticks

So the other day I found a new recipe to make your own lipsticks! and they came out really well so I thought I would share it.
All you need is coconut oil or caster oil and wax crayons (which sounds crazy, but wax crayons are completely safe there are no secret nasty things in them)

So firstly you get a small pan and fill it about half way with water and put that on a low heat, you then get a glass jar and put that in the middle of the pan so its about half way in the water.

Once you have let the water heat up you then place either a quarter teaspoon or half a tea spoon of the oil (depending on how sheer you want the lipstick, just play around with them until you can figure out whats best for you) into the glass jar so it melts, you then add half a wax crayon (and you can do this with any colour!) then get something to mix them with (I use a cocktail stick) until both ingredients have melted.

Once they have both melted pour the mixture into a small container of your choice and leave to dry, depending on how much you want to make I would go by for every half piece of crayon use half a teaspoon of the oil.

Once they have dried you should be left with really cute colourful lipsticks! these are the first two I made and I love them :)
 (The white in the purple is from where I put a little too much coconut oil in it, but it still works fine and it doesn't affect it at all!)




No comments:

Post a Comment